I'm particularly proud of this salmon for two reasons. The first reason is because my husband actually LOVED it. Since Chris is far from a fish eater (with the exception of that that comes in a shell or in the form of a sushi roll) that's a huge victory. WIN! The second reason is because it's super quick and easy to make.
I felt inspired by my foodie pen pal package and decided to make the blue cheese herb mustard as the star of my simple dinner.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 lb salmon
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese herb mustard (or any other kind of spicy tasty mustard)
- salt & pepper
- Get a large naked (no oil or butter - nothing!) skillet screaming hot on your stove top.
- Season the salmon with salt & pepper on both sides.
- Cook the salmon on each side for a couple of minutes.
- With the skin side down spread the mustard on the pink fleshy part of the salmon.
- Pop your skillet under the broiler for 7-9 minutes (or until your fish is cooked through). Make sure your skillet handle is oven safe!
- Serve the salmon with a side of grilled asparagus and greens.
Tip: for a quick salad dressing mix olive oil, mustard and lemon juice together. Toss your greens in it and you've got a salad that automatically compliments the flavors in your fish!